Saturday, February 11, 2012

It's a roller coaster!

Yesterday was my egg retrieval and we were on a high. Dr. Slayden was able to get 14 eggs from the various follicles I had. We knew that RBA would call by 1 today to let us know what we have. We also knew that just because we had 14 eggs, that didn't mean we would get 14 embryos. Today they called around 9 and let us know that out of the 14 eggs only 5 of them were mature, and out of those 5 only 3 of them fertilized. So what does this mean? It means we have to wait till tomorrow to find out if the zygotes that we do have turn into embryos and can be transferred into my uterus. Our high turned very quickly into a low. Yes, I know that I cannot lose hope, which of course is very easy to say, especially if you are not the one going through it, or have never had to go through it. I have to wonder if God wants us to be parents. I have cried harder today than I have throughout this entire process. This is not fun and I DO NOT wish it upon anyone, not even my worst enemy! If these zygotes do not turn into embryos, I "get" to do this entire process all over again. Which is not cheap. The drugs alone are over 2000 dollars. To all of you reading and following this blog, please pray that our 3 zygotes turn into embryos and can be transferred back into my uterus.

No comments: